Pages

30.12.09

The Black Man: Can he Love You and Your Hair?


I like being unique in my blog posts but it has come to mind that women with natural hair or those considering becoming natural are concerned about the men that will like them!

Well, in my opinion, let the man come to you. If a guy I find attractive brushes me off and doesn't seem interested, I let it be.

If it is meant to be, it will be. This ensures that I won't create any opening for a future heart ache that could have been avoided by minding my own business which is to not pursue him if he finds what I represent by the way I dress, act or wear my hair is not his style.

In the past, as I am a college student, I have met and dated briefly a man of my total dreams. The kind of guy that in high school was the big shot, the most popular and who everyone wanted to hang with and yes he is black.
He liked my hair! I wanted to trim it very short and that was the only issue he had, lol.

Overall,
This life you lead is not for a man. I can testify to that because when I get dressed and ready to go in the morning, thinking about what a man or my man would think I look like is far from my mind and I still attract lots of men every day.

One day I wore a head wrap, and was looking my worst in my opinion and this dude tried to holla at me.

It's the inner beauty and confidence that shines or even that I-don't-care-attitude and I-don't-even-notice-you-looking-at-me attitude (but don't include the nasty attitude lol) that sometimes draws men in. Think about that next time you, you encounter this issue: Can he Love You and Your Hair? ;)

2 comments :

Nikki Yeager said...

Hey,

I know it's a while after the post but I read the "happy birthday post" you wrote a while back and as promised, it inspired me to write my own about the year in review. Here's the link if you're interested. Stay in touch!

http://www.nikkiyeager.com/apps/blog/show/2495069-a-year-of-nikki-in-review

Emmanuela said...

Thanks, I'll check it out.

Natural Hair Help. * BLOG DESIGN BY Labinastudio.